EA has released a new patch. If you are not experiencing any of the problems, then I advise not updating because as with all patches, they can sometimes cause additional problems. The best changes I see worth updating for here are VSync/Refresh issues, because that helps your game run more smoothly. The speed changes would be nice as well although they note that “SOME” machines will improve, so the benefit may or may not occur. Since I’m not having any issues currently, I’m just sticking with the base game for now.
here is the link to the patch.
Latest Update for: 1.2.7
POSTED ON 06/25/09 08:00 PM
Complete list of changes:
* Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
* Fix to story progression on/off selection toggle.
* Fix for a possible crash with audio code.
* Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.
* Addresses some issues with Vsync and refresh rate problems.
* Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
* This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
* Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.