Life Fruit + Deathfish = Ambrosia. Easier said than done.
To create ambrosia you not only need a lot of cash on hand to purchase the recipe itself, but you’ll need to nearly maximize 3 other skill areas as well; cooking, gardening, and fishing.
- I suggest having two or three sims combine efforts, otherwise it’s a huge task for a single sim. Not impossible mind you, but it would take significantly longer to achieve.
- I also suggest doing all three simultaneously. Improve all of them gradually and try to get to the “Goal State” I have listed at approximately the same time.
Keep improving your cooking skill and saving money from your job, this is not a difficult process, but it does take time. See my cooking guide for more info.
Goal State: Saved enough money to purchase ambrosia recipe, cooking skill level 10
skill will have to be at least level 7, at which point you can plant “special” seeds. You’ll need to plant a lot. Why? because the special seeds are unknown” and can be one of the following: death flower bush, life plant, money tree, and flame bush. So you only have a 25% chance of getting a life fruit, and the seeds have to be searched for throughout the world. They also require a lot of fertilizing to get going, so it’s a long process. In addition to being difficult to find without The Collector, phew. Please see my guide on gardening for more info.
Goal State: Gardening Skill at least 7, Life Fruit acquired and planted.
You’ll need to be at level 7-8 fishing. I recommend just hanging out wherever there is a deathfish (check by cemeteries 12am – 5am only) and fish until you catch one. The bait for the deathfish is the angelsfish, and the quality doesn’t matter. See my fishing guide for more info.
Goal State: Fishing Skill at least Level 8, able to catch 1 deathfish.
Cooking the ambrosia 😛
Have deathfish + life fruit in your inventory, go to the stove and click “more” if ambrosia isnt’ showing. Then you select it, bake it, and enjoy immortality!
Sorry it’s not an actual “step by step” guide, but as I wrote before, you are going to have to do all three at the same time, and there is no straightforward way to go about doing it.
What does Ambrosia do?
- Never goes bad, ever
- Will reset your sims timeline back to zero days to next age (cannot reverse age)
- Can bring a >restored< ghost back to life
- gives a huge bonus to your sims moodlet +75 for a week!
For more info read “cooking guide” if you haven’t already